Public Space
Why it is a Great Park
Reasons to Renovate
The ways in which I would renovate Lazy Jay Park would be to add
more concrete to it. I have been living in the same house since I was one years
old and since elementary school I have been skateboarding. I grew up getting to
know many skateboarders who lived in the area. Almost every one of those friends
of mine who used to skateboard do not today and one main reason for that is
because there are no places to practice relatively close. If a skate park were
to be added to Lazy Jay even a small one the amount of kids that would normally
be home on their computers or playing video games would be out exercising. If
the skate park was anywhere close to decent people from further away would come
to visit it and the small businesses around it would potentially get more business
which is always a good thing. The skate park could also put on events and all
around support the community. The park as of now is focused mainly on the part
of the community that plays sports, jogs, and has kids under the age of 10.
This leaves a good amount of people in the community with absolutely no use for
Lazy Jay Park. If anything another part of the community the skateboarders
would have a place to go and people interested in skateboarding even a little
bit would be able to go and watch stunts be performed free of charge. Another
great reason for building a skate park within Lazy Jay is the mere idea of
taking those skateboarders who are normally busy bothering store owners by
skateboarding in front of their establishments and giving them an alternative
place to skate freely.


No comments:
Post a Comment