My Study Space
My study space consists of a fairly wide authentic
looking wooden desk. On this desk sits my laptop that hooks up to another
monitor so I can view two pages at once. Next to my Laptop on the left side
sits my printer. The lighting comes from four lights all facing different
directions from the center of the ceiling giving a respectful amount of light
to all four walls. I like to keep everything very clean and in order so that
when I do sit down to work I have no distractions and can focus on certain
tasks. The theme I would give my room would be professional. Although it is not
necessarily boring I do have many framed posters and canvases on my walls to
make the room more artsy and interesting. This is something I like about my
workspace as well as the fact that it is an area where I can go and disappear
from the world around me with nothing but a door to get in and out and a window
that pears out over the houses in my neighborhood. I also like the fact that my
entire house is located on the outskirts of the San Fernando Valley so it is
already very quite. Some things I do not like about my work space is that I
occasionally like distractions when I work I feel as if when I am in an
environment that is completely quite makes me a little depressed. I cannot
stand to stay in my work area too long without at least putting on some music
or taking a break from the silence anyway possible. Another dislike I have with
my workspace is something that I cannot do without. My computer consists of the
Internet, which is very hard to resist, and is one of my biggest distractions.
Although I do have the Internet to distract me I have made sure that there is
no way a television would ever be place in my workspace. One piece of furniture
that I am proud to have in my workspace that is a minor distraction but would
never take out is a record player. Although it is a little distracting I find
that I actually get work done faster when listening to music. My workroom has a
combination of colorful paintings and other artwork as well as business like
grey walls and wooden antique like furniture. The only space I have for storage
is under my bed so I do have a lot of storage type boxes sitting in corners
which ends up taking up a lot of space so my desk is quite close to my bed and when
I set down to work I end up having trouble getting around because my floor is
carpeted and my chair is supposed to be able to role around but sadly it does
not. This is a pain but on the good side it makes it so when I do sit down I will
not get up for a wile.

No comments:
Post a Comment