Thursday, February 2, 2012


“Humans like Machines” and “Artificial Minds”
               
  For this assignment I read two articles one called “Humans like Machines” and the other called “Artificial Minds” both of these articles explained how it is completely possible for machines to have minds like humans. So this would mean that robots would not only be able to walk and talk like us but think for themselves and feel pain as well as other human like details. As you might be able to tell I am not at all for this futuristic iRobot technology. This type of stuff scares the bajeesis out of me, I am completely fine with a robot butler or something like that where I tell it what to do and it does it. But when we give them feelings and their own thoughts what makes them unable to think how a serial killer thinks and just think how difficult it would be trying to stop a robot serial killer that can’t necessarily die although it does feel pain it still is a robot. I heard recently that scientists found a way to use a known flu or virus as a weapon and whether this is true or not isn’t it the same concept. For the sake of argument let’s say that this is true wouldn’t it be one of those things like the atomic bomb that we just might want to erase from our scientists minds and not release it to the world so that it doesn’t get used against us? In my human mind I feel like there are some things that should be kept under wraps. This is one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment